The following series of training videos and articles are designed to help users get-started and with fundamental tasks such as installation, setting preferences, utilizing the HAP building wizards and more.
- A high level overview of the HAP software.
- Run Time: (9:49)
USING THE HAP BUILDING WIZARDS
- How to increase productivity using the built in Wizards for loads and energy analysis within the HAP software.
- Run Time: (14:14)
MODELING VRF SYSTEMS IN HAP
- Carrier’s Hourly Analysis Program will be used to demonstrate how to configure a VRF system for loads, interpret design load output reports, and configure a VRF system for energy analysis.
- Run Time: (28:31)
SETTING USER PREFERENCES
- How to set project preferences related to ventilation air, energy standards, currency, metric or IP within the HAP software.
- Run Time: (9:33)
LAUNCHING THE HAP PROGRAM
- How to install the HAP software on a single computer or multiple workstation network.
- Run Time: (6:32)
INSTALLATION OF THE HAP PROGRAM
- How to access the HAP software and start a project.
- Run Time: (10:40)
CONFIGURING A BASIC VAV AIR SYSTEM
- Demonstrate how to configure a Basic VAV air system. Within the video, no claims are being made. It is simply a tutorial that walks the user of the software through creating this style of air system.
- Run Time: (16:16)
e-Helps are articles providing timely guidance on the many technical questions that may arise when using HAP. From building modeling for LEED®1 certification and system design guidance, to hourly weather data and report interpretation, HAP e-Help provides easy to follow, helpful information to lead you to HVAC system design solutions and thorough energy analysis investigations.
Modeling Heat Recovery Plants: DHRC in Condenser Water Loop
Modeling Heat Exchanger in Condenser Loop Heat Recovery
Modeling A/C Chillers with Heat Recovery Condensers
Modeling DHRC with Cooling-Only Chillers Heat Recovery
HAP and ASHRAE® 62MZ Spreadsheet
Optimizing Ventilation Design in HAP
Boiler Simulation Calculations
Importing Simulation Weather Data
Exporting HAP Hourly Simulation Data to Spreadsheets
Modeling Chilled Beam Systems in HAP
Carrier-Modified ASHRAE 90 1-2004 User’s Guide Schedules for HAP
How to Archive/Retrieve Project Data
How to Import Data from Template Projects
ASHRAE 62.1-2004 Ventilation Air Sizing in HAP
Interfacing HAP Simulations with Geothermal WSHP Design Programs
Effect of Internal Shades on Cooling Loads
Applying Schedules and Profiles in HAP
Zone T-Stat Check
Ventilation in HAP
Low Heating Costs
Transfer Function Methodology (TFM)
Designing/Simulating WSHP (California Loop) Systems
How to Model WSHP/GSHP Systems
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?