TRACE 700 enables building designers to optimize the building, system and equipment designs on the basis of energy utilization and life-cycle cost. The Trane software for TRACE 700 facilitates analysis of the energy and economic effects of virtually any chiller plant configuration by allowing users to manipulate a wide range of variables and create a profile of their specific building.
Select System Features
- Underfloor air distribution systems
- Active and passive chilled-beam systems
- Displacement ventilation systems
- Variable refrigerant flow systems
- Dedicated outdoor air systems
- Airside economizers
- Optimum stop/start
- Fan-pressure optimization
- ASHRAE Standard 62.1/CO2 -based, demand-controlled ventilation (DCV)
- Energy recovery (total-energy wheel, Trane CDQ, coil-runaround loop)
- Supply-air-temperature reset
- Drag-and-drop room assignments
- Optimal chiller sequencing
Select Equipment Features
- Chiller Plant Wizard (decoupled arrangement, parallel series, variable-primary flow, switchover control)
- Thermal energy storage
- Direct-fired absorption chillers
- Low-flow chilled water
- Free cooling (plate-and-frame, refrigerant migration, strainer cycle, double-bundle heat recovery)
- Cooling tower with VFD
- Chiller-tower optimization
- Domestic hot water
- Sophisticated evaporative cooling
Multiple Equipment Types
- Air/water-cooled chillers
- Air/water-cooled unitary
- Water-source heat pumps
- Ground-source heat pumps
- Electric resistance heat
- Gas-fired heat exchanger
- Default Equipment
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2004
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2007
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2010
TRACE 700 Integration
- Templates allow same room criteria to be entered once and applied to (or changed in) an unlimited number of rooms.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) in the form of a gbXML import from CAD (e.g. Revit), allows users to conduct extensive load and energy calculations in TRACE 700.
- Choose from nearly 500 pre-defined weather locations or import weather data from TMY, TMY2,TMY3, TRY, WY2, CEC, CTZ, CWC, and IWEC files. Models can be calculated using a reduced year weather file allowing for quick results or a full-year model can be run accounting for every hour of the year.
- ASHRAE Standard 170 calculate ventilation requirements for healthcare facilities per Standard 170, Standard 62.1 or a combination of both.
- ASHRAE Standard 62 Ventilation Rate Procedure during the design process to calculate the correct amount of outdoor air to be introduced at the air handler.
TRACE 700 Compliance
LEED analysis ability to model proposed and baseline models from ASHRAE Standard 90.1 for LEED analysis. The latest versions of TRACE introduced the new LEED Guide and Baseline Building Creator, and LEED Automation which make modeling for LEED certification faster and easier.
- ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 140-2011 and 179D Commercial Building Tax Credits for projects placed in service on or before Dec 31, 2015 – tested in compliance with Standard Method of Test for the Evaluation of Building Energy Analysis Computer Programs.
- ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 140 – 2014 and 179D Commercial Building Tax Credits for projects placed in service on or after Jan 1, 2016 – tested in compliance with Standard Method of Test for the Evaluation of Building Energy Analysis Computer Programs.
To install and run the program you will need: a Pentium® 4 or higher processor, Microsoft Windows® 7/8 operating system, at least 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM, and 500 MB of free hard-disk space (750 if Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 is not already installed).