Refrig quickly calculates the maximum refrigeration load in btu’s per 24 hour period for all types of refrigeration applications. Refrig has provision for all kinds of loads including: roofs, walls, partitions, floors, products, containers, infiltration, lights, equipment, people, defrost, compressor run-time, and more. There is even provision for a safety factor load. Design weather data is built-in and automatically looked up for over 300 different cities. Product loads are easily accommodated as Refrig contains a built-in library of products (fruits, vegetables, meats, etc.). All the designer has to do is enter the product name and quantity to get automatic product cooling, freezing, sub-cooling, and respiration loads. After all loads have been computed, the designer can specify the refrigerant and TD desired so that an appropriate evaporator coil and condensing unit can be quickly selected from the built-in library of coils and condensing units. Refrig comes with over 400 coils and 400 condensing units from various manufacturers such as Carrier, Krack, Witt, Russell, and others. Up to 1,000 coils and condensing units can be stored per manufacturer.
The Refrig program performs calculations in accordance with the ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals and the ASHRAE Refrigeration Handbook. All necessary product and material data are automatically looked up. Computed output results can be easily verified by hand.
- Calculates 24 Hour Total Refrigeration Loads
- Appropriate for All Refrigeration Applications
- Uses Exact ASHRAE Procedures
- Accounts For All Types of Loads Including Exterior, Internal, Product, Defrost, Compressor Run-time, etc.
- Continuous Display of Load Totals On Input Screens
- Automatic Look-Up of Design Weather Data
- Contains Built-in Library of Product Load Data
- Includes Built-in Library of Coils & Condensing Units
- Allows Mixing & Matching of Coils & Condensing Units
- English or Metric Units