Rhvac can calculate peak heating and cooling loads (both block and room by room) for residential buildings and some light commercial applications in accordance with ACCA Manual J, D, and S. Rhvac include a complete ACCA Manual D duct sizing capability and a complete Manual S equipment selection. Data can be manually entered or automatically taken from a floor plan drawn with the optional Drawing Board program. The Heat Transfer Multipliers (HTM values) for all the walls, windows, doors, and roofs listed in Manual J are automatically looked up by the software as needed. Additional construction materials are easily added as well.
Rhvac’s calculations are performed per ACCA Manual J 8th Edition, Version 2, ACCA Manual D, and ACCA Manual S. Rhvac is an ACCA approved Manual J, Manual D and Manual S computer program. Elite Software is a technical software partner with ACCA.
- Calculates peak heating and cooling loads (both block and room by room) in accordance with ACCA Manual J Eighth Edition, Version 2. Rhvac is approved by ACCA.
- Calculates Duct Sizes, System Losses, and fan static pressure requirement in accordance with ACCA Manual D. Lets you enter the entire duct system, or individual ducts if you prefer.
- Provides ACCA Manual S Equipment Selection Report.
- Performs full Manual S performance data interpolation on data from any manufacturer.
- Determines building tonnage and room CFM requirements.
- Automatically generates a filled in ACCA HVAC design review form.
- Automatically generates a filled in Energy Star HVAC Design Report.
- Helps Comply with the International Residential Code (IRC) and the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).
- Incorporates Manual J Addenda A, B, C, and D!
- Exports to EnergyPro, powerful energy analysis software.
- Links to REM/Rate and Ekotrope, which are both RESNET certified Home Energy Rating System (HERS) software
- Links to REScheck, DOE’s energy codes program.
- Links to the Energy Gauge USA home energy rating program.
- Generates an Hourly Room Net Gain report to help you design zoned systems.
- Generates a Building Rotation report that shows you tonnages and room CFM requirements at each rotation.
- Includes a Buiding Rotation Duct Size Preview window that shows you the heating and cooling CFM for each room or duct in the project for each rotation of the building, as well as the maximum duct size of all rotations.
- Calculates hydronic radiant floor tubing length required.
- Computes room by room (including block load), zone, system & building
- Calculates from manually entered data or directly from floor plans created with Drawing Board.
- Rooms and zones can be assigned to 100 systems.
- Allows virtually unlimited rooms grouped into 100 zones per system using drag and drop zoning techniques.
- Allows 40 each of walls, windows, roofs, floors and doors per room.
- Saves multiple items of sensible and latent equipment loads for each room.
- Includes a wide selection of spray foam and SIP roofs and walls.
- Allows custom construction materials and descriptions.
- Lets you specify lists of “Favorite” materials so you can select them easier.
- Remembers your most recent material selections so you can reselect them easily.
- Full material lists for Manual J roofs, walls, windows and doors, plus several materials we have added, such as foam roofs, walls and floors, and several of the SIPs walls and roofs.
- Support for glass and window properties, including insect screen, ground reflectance and more.
- Allowance for hot water piping losses. Lets you enter the characteristics of the hot water distribution pipe in order to calculate its sensible loss.
- Accounts for heat recovery units and reduced fresh air loads.
- Extensive duct gain and loss factors for all types of scenarios. Allows you to precisely specify the characteristics of the duct system in order to more accurately determine its sensible gain and loss. Includes latent gain due to the ductwork as well.
- Option to calculate winter humidification requirements. Allows you to specify an indoor relative humidity in the winter in order to calculate the required gallons per day of water to be added, as well as the sensible loss due to the device.
- Looks up HTM & U-values or lets you specify them.
- Determines Adequate Exposure Diversity status.
- Links to Graphic Manual D Ductsize, Bill of Materials, Energy Audit, ECA Ground Loop Sizer, PsyChart, HVAC Solution and EnergyPro. The PsyChart program can import Rhvac system data directly into its Air Handler Model window.
- No copy protection!
- Displays psychrometric chart.
- Lets you select equipment from AHRI databases.
- Prints exploded color pie charts, bar graphs, and custom sales proposals.
- Allows decimal feet, feet-inches or metric length and width dimensions.
- Allows exterior shading (overhangs and offsets).
- Provides inputs for summer & winter partition temperature differences.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?